The Guadalajara Cathedral or Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady, located in Guadalajara, México is the roman catholic cathedral of the archdioceses of Guadalajara and a minor basilica. It is built in the renaissance style, with neo-gothic towers and it has a great history.
La first cathedral was built in 1541 on the site of the present Templo de Santa Maria de Gracia. This primitive church was built with adobe and thatched roof. Nevertheless, in 1548 the region was declared a diocese by the Holy See and the church became the cathedral of the city.
The Templo Expiatorio del Santísimo Sacramento is a Catholic church dedicated to the Blessed Sacrament, located in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. Of neo-Gothic style and is considered the greatest work of its kind in Mexico. Its costruction began on August 15, 1897 and ended 75 years later in 1972.
The idea of building a temple dedicated to Blessed Sacrament in the city of Guadalajara began, in the late 19th century, when a congregation of Catholics formed a committee to make this temple. So the archbishop of the city, Pedro Loza y Pardavé, together with the commission organized a competition among some architects and engineers to select the project of the temple.
It is a temporary source of water for some colonies in zapopan though he were obstructed various water sources. Forest of the Colomos is located northeast of the City of Guadalajara, represents a small portion of nature nestled in a large urban area.
The Colomos House or Castle, is located within this huge park. It is a work of Mr. Agustín V. Pascal built in 1898 and opened in 1902, serving as home water management. Currently serves as House of Culture and inside classes of drawing, painting, sculpture, folk dance for children and adults, lectures, films, plays, concerts are held, and various exhibitions.
Telmex Auditorium is a performance space located in the metropolitan area of Guadalajara, Mexico. It is part of the most ambitious cultural projects engaged by Universidad de Guadalajara (UdeG) in the last decades. The auditorium is the first building that comes to life to promote the development of the University Cultural Center. The “cornerstone” was installed on July 22, 2003 and the inauguration took place on September 1, 2007, with a ceremony enlivened by Placido Domingo. The building is located on Avenida Parres Arias, was designed by the Mexican Architect José de Arimatea Moyao and has two main entrances: Periférico Norte and Avenida Laureles, both of which are connected to the city’s main avenues leading to the most interesting landmarks in Guadalajara.
The Hospicio Cabañas in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, a Wordl Heritage Site, is one of the oldest and largest hospital complexes in the Americas.
The complex was founded in 1791 by the Bishop of Guadalajara in order to combine the functions of a workhouse, hospital, and almshouse. It owes its name to Juan Ruiz de Cabañas who was appointed to the see of Guadalajara in 1796 and engaged Manuel Tolsá, a renowned architect from Mexico City, to design the structure. The complex is erected on one level, “so as to facilitate the movement of the sick, the aged, and children.”
The highlight of the interior decoration is a series of monumental frescoes by José Clemente Orozco, including one of his most famed creations, the allegory of The Man of Fire (1936–39). Hospicio Cabaña was made a UNESCO World Heritage site 1997.
The arches of the 3rd Millennium more commonly known as “Millennium Arches” is a sculpture located at the confluence of the avenues Mariano Otero and Lazaro Cardenas, in the Jardines del Bosque neighborhood of the city of Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. With a height of 52 meters, the sculpture will consist of six monumental arches of yellow metal, each larger than the last. Their weight will be more than 1,500 tons of steel, with 17 thousand square meters. Enrique Carbajal González “Sebastian” is the author of the sculpture project, approved by the city of Guadalajara in July 1999.
Guadalajara Zoo is the main zoological park in the mexican city of Guadalajara, Mexico, and is widely considered the most important in Latin America. It is the lasgest in the country with respect to species population. Is located in Paseo del Zoológico 600 on Calzada Independencia Norte up to east of the Metropolitan Zone of Guadalajara.
The zoo began operations on March 11, 1988, and was inaugurated by Mexican President Miguel de la Madrid Hurtado Republic of the Governor accompanied Mr. Alvarez del Castillo. On the 25th of that month, opened its doors to the public. This is a project dedicated to the conservation and study of the fauna, however the Guadalajara Zoo since its inception was state’s largest and quickly began to succeed to become one of the main tourist attractions of the city until today.
The Jalisco Stadium is a football soccer stadium located in Guadalajara, Mexico. It is the third largest Mexican football soccer stadium behind Estadio Azteca and Estadio Olímpico Universitario; it has a maximum capacity of 63,163 spectators.
Estadio Jalisco was the home ground of Guadalajara “Chivas” Team, one of the oldest football teams in Mexico, until 2010. It remains the home stadium of Club Atlas. Both teams play in Liga MX (Mexican First Division League).The stadium has hosted the 1970 and 1986 FIFA World Cup. During both of those tourneys the Estadio Jalisco was the temporary home of the Brazilian national team and today remains a liaison between the people of Guadalajara and the Brazilian national team.
The stadium is centrally located in the heart of the neighbourhood called Colonia Independencia, and is in front of the Plaza de Toros Nuevo Progreso (“New Progress” Bullring). Its address is Calle Siete Colinas.
The arches of Guadalajara, is a representative monument of the city of Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. This monument was erected as the entrance to the town because of the inauguration of the Mexico-Morelia-Guadalajara, in the year 1938. The work was carried out during the period of Governor Silvano Barba Gonzalez, who commissioned the project to the architect Aurelio Aceves.